Become a CodeClan Instructor!
In Edinburgh, Glasgow or Inverness
CodeClan’s mission is to fill the digital skills gap. This simply means we’re reskilling adults from all professions in Scotland into Software Development, Programming, Product and Data roles.
We were set up in 2015 and to achieve our mission we train individuals in technology and digital skills. In the last four years we’ve trained over 800 people, placing many of them into technology or tech-related jobs in Scotland. We make a direct impact on the Scottish economy and have a huge positive impact on the lives of the students that chose to come through our courses. For most students, coming to CodeClan is a life changing experience.
CodeClan isn’t just a training company. Some refer to what we do as a bootcamp or intense training academy. However you look at it, the courses we run are intense, fun and life-changing.
What we're looking for
Junior, mid-level and senior Software Engineers who think they have what it takes to become an Instructor on our Professional Software Development course. Ideally with no less than one year’s experience in a development role.
We also teach all of the following so the more experience you have with them, the better:
- Node.js, Express.js
- React, Vue
- CSS, HTML
- Sinatra(for Ruby)
- …and more
You're the right person if...
- You’re a great communicator. You’re totally ok chatting and communicating how things should be done
- You love showing people things and get a kick out of others getting that spark
- You’re thrilled to stand up in front of people and show them how to build great software
- You’ve got a solid understanding of tech and programming, but you’re really keen to grow that even more
- You don’t know everything – and you’re not expected to. But you’re damn good at finding out. You can show our students it’s ok to not know everything
- You completely embrace coding as a life long learning practice
- You love programming and building things and you’re passionate about new shiny developer tools and frameworks
- You’ve built applications. Whether in your job or small projects in your own time
Being on the Instructor team at CodeClan
You’ll be part of a very welcoming and supportive team of other instructors from various backgrounds. We teach in cohort teams with two to four instructors per class, so you’ll never be taking a class on your own. We have a solid curriculum of course materials that you can teach from. Every day will be different for you. From helping students one-to-one, to doing code reviews and learning new skills. You’ll have personal development time to work on your own practice projects, building some notes for one of our courses or some small collaborative software project with other instructors
What we can offer
- Salary offered depends on experience
- 5% company pension
- A whopping 35 days holiday every year that includes a mandated festive closure and an extra day holiday for your birthday
- A supportive, nurturing human-first culture. We care about our staff and take your needs seriously.
- Development weeks. You get time to work on something that’s not what we’re teaching.
- Training opportunities including access to online training materials such as LinkedIn Learning, Pluralsight and FrontEnd Masters.
- Supportive environment for growth including opportunities to attend conferences such as TedX: Glasgow, Turing Fest, ScotSoft, Accessibility Scotland and much more.
- Opportunities to work across Edinburgh, Glasgow or Inverness
- ScotRail payment plan offer. We can buy your annual train ticket saving you money, and you just pay us back with no interest.
- Medicash Plan: A way of claiming back some of your personal medical expenses like some dental, massages and eye-care.
- Dedicated employee assistance: such as counselling sessions and discount vouchers. Cycle to work scheme.
- Life Assurance
Want to apply?
If you think that this role sounds like a good fit for you, or even if you’re not sure and you just want to chat to us about the prospect of applying, please reach out. Send us your CV and a short note saying what you think you can bring to the role to: