CodeClan is Scotland’s first accredited digital skills academy on a mission to help bridge the digital skills gap.
Launched in 2015 and with campuses in Edinburgh and Glasgow, we offer a range of digital skills courses which have helped more than 2000 people from a range of backgrounds acquire the skills to transform their careers, delivering a steady and scaling pipeline of talent to our existing and growing network of employer partners.
Industry-led, CodeClan’s curriculum is tailored to fit market demands in Scotland, delivering a new generation of job-ready and highly motivated digital talent.
Is this you?
We are looking for a candidate that is passionate about technology and the growth of Scotland’s tech ecosystem.
We are looking for a professional that is interested in building out the next growth of our social enterprise. The pandemic has adversely affected many sectors and CodeClan is strategically placed to create courses to assist the non-digital to become digital. CodeClan is an integral part of the recovery plan and by helping people to learn and inspire them to try a new career in digital we can get Scotland’s economy back on its feet.
This role focuses on the business development of our key partnerships and the recruitment of new partners.
The Business Development Manager will work to achieve a target list of new partners across Edinburgh, Glasgow, and outside the central belt.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Friendly and approachable with a growth mindset
- Experience in sales, account management, or business development
- Familiarity with technology or the Scottish tech ecosystem
- Professional attitude and capable of speaking with C level executives
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to network at events and meet-ups
The ability to use social media to advance our ecosystem of partners
- The ability to leverage other organisations to build our partner base
- Understands software programming and or the power of data for businesses
Working towards agreed KPIs you will be responsible for ensuring year-on-year revenue growth. Key outcomes for this role will include:
- Growing and managing new partner accounts, with main focus on acquiring new jobs to advertise in our internal job board
- Properly manage our CRM, ensuring new leads are dealt with and assigned to the right team when necessary
- Building relationships with key stakeholders and decision-makers across actively engaged companies, corporate and public sector organisations
- Extending and building CodeClan’s brand and reputation as the preeminent digital skills academy in Scotland by attending and networking at relevant industry events and conferences across the Central Belt
- Engaging with students, alumni, employers, and other partners to understand and report on the impact of our courses and how to improve them
- Providing analysis of partner-related data to inform insights and decision-making
- Providing pipeline and sales forecasts to the operations team
- Support Relationship & Account Manager when needed
- Salary range £25k-£27k annually
- Flexible hours, remote, and office model (when appropriate) in either Edinburgh or Glasgow
- 5% company pension
- 35 days holiday every year (includes a mandated festive closure and an extra day’s holiday for your birthday)
- Training opportunities including short courses and access to online training materials
- A supportive environment for growth including opportunities to attend conferences
- Medicash Plan: A way of claiming back some of your personal medical and alternative therapy expenses e.g. dental and eye care
- Dedicated employee assistance: such as counselling sessions and discount vouchers
- Cycle To Work Scheme
- Life Assurance