Closes: 17th August 2022
We are looking for a vibrant, passionate social media, content and comms person to join our award winning organisation. CodeClan is a digital skills academy that provides adults with the training needed to launch new careers in software and data. Technology is the fastest growing market, and Scotland is determined to be at the forefront of innovation and growth. We have campuses in Edinburgh and Glasgow along with remote virtual learning. This is a great opportunity for someone to be on the growth journey with the rest of the team for 2022 and beyond.
CodeClan’s Content and Social Media Specialist is a key role in the organisation as well the Marketing team. As we are growing, we need a dedicated function to manage CodeClan’s social media channels, tell stories through those channels and apply strategic thinking to our communications activities.
The position is to work with the marketing team based in Edinburgh but will also be required to travel to Glasgow on a monthly basis, be involved in events and conferences and to support the CEO when necessary. This role will be responsible for developing and executing best practice social media strategies in order to maximise digital engagement.
This includes building and maintaining a social media calendar, developing regularly scheduled social media content and newsletters, delivering national marketing campaigns on social media, running occasional paid social advertising, developing a social network and analysing and reporting on campaign results.
This role will work with all departments throughout the business and will engage with people at all levels of seniority.
- Take the lead in the strategy and execution of increasing CodeClan’s social media footprint
- Maintain, plan and manage the social media portion of the digital content calendar
- Create newsletters for key audiences
- Daily moderation of CodeClan’s online engagement on all social channels
- Build and nurture relationships with key influencers
- Execute and maintain online campaigns
- Run frequent Twitter chats and Facebook/Instagram Live activities
- Create engaging content in blog and short video formats
- Analyse, record and report on social statistics and metrics
- Keeping up with web trends, new marketing mediums, and online competitor analysis
- Attend CodeClan events
- Have at least one year’s experience in social media or digital marketing
- Ability to create, deliver and measure a social media strategy
- Have a good understanding of social networks and digital marketing channels and how they’re measured
- Understand the role and importance of SEO
- Be able to show a clear passion for all things digital
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven track record of creativity and innovation
- Curious, confident and able to use own initiative
- Able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Good attention to detail with a high level of accuracy
- Able to thrive in a team environment
- Highly motivated, with a ‘can-do’ attitude
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to prioritise
What we can offer
- Competitive salary
- 5% company pension
- 35 days holiday every year (includes a mandated festive closure and an extra day’s holiday for your birthday)
- Training opportunities including short courses and access to online training materials
- Supportive environment for growth including opportunities to attend conferences
- Medicash Plan: A way of claiming back some of your personal medical and alternative therapy expenses e.g. dental and eye care
- Dedicated employee assistance: such as counselling sessions and discount vouchers
Cycle To Work Scheme
- Life Assurance