Based: Edinburgh (currently remote working)
Closes: 5th July 2021
CodeClan is Scotland’s first accredited digital skills academy on a mission to help bridge the digital skills gap. Launched in 2015 with campuses in Edinburgh and Glasgow, we offer a range of digital skills courses which have helped more than 1700 people from a range of backgrounds acquire the skills to transform their careers, delivering a steady and scaling pipeline of talent to our existing and growing network of employer partners. Industry-led, CodeClan’s curriculum is tailored to fit market demands in Scotland, delivering a new generation of job-ready and highly motivated digital talent.
We are looking for an experienced Events and Sponsorships Manager to work with our marketing and commercial team to promote CodeClan, to attract students and new partners, and raise our profile in the tech ecosystem. You will be responsible for the events strategy and delivery in conjunction with the Chief Marketing Officer, aligning to Sales and Marketing objectives, company mission and development of growth initiatives.
You will be expected to develop and lead a range of specialist events; promote, manage, curate hosts and speakers; engage alumni ambassadors to deliver events; research demand for event topics and career support, and skills development whilst ensuring quality of delivery and event effectiveness to promote CodeClan’s mission and objectives.
The successful candidate will join our collaborative Marketing Team in a fast-paced fun environment.
- The running of internal, external, remote and in person events
- Facilitate CodeClan’s online event delivery with accessible Zoom and Eventbrite platforms, and train staff on Zoom software packages and their uses
- Produce student recruitment and sales webinars, creating slide decks with the marketing team
- Manage events budget; negotiate contracts for CodeClan sponsorships and allocate funds and staffing for internal events
- Produce marketing, industry engagement and board reports, summarising progress on the reach and engagement of events across marketing, industry engagement and sponsorship
- Deliver Student Services and Instructor team training on webinars and presentations to increase student recruitment
- Lead and deliver a fortnightly planning meeting for upcoming events and socials, take input for potential events, and work with dept heads to develop events where appropriate
- Handle and log all campus space hire enquiries to maximise commercial venue hire potential
- Manage effective communication between internal teams and stakeholders to maximise impact of events.
What you’ll bring to the role
- 3+ years in similar role
- Ability to engage with partners and students
- A good team player with excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Self motivated with the ability to work under own initiative
- Willingness to adapt and participate in activities outwith the ‘core role’ as required
- Willingness to adapt and learn to suit the business needs
Desired skills and experience
- Experience working with a range of online conference tools e.g Zoom, Teams etc.
- Experience with in-person events, from contract to delivery
- Experience in selling sponsorship to industry
- Experience in engaging with all sizes of business
What we can offer
- Salary of £25k
- 5% company pension
- 35 days holiday every year (includes a mandated festive closure and an extra day’s holiday for your birthday)
- Training opportunities including short courses and access to online training materials
- Supportive environment for growth including opportunities to attend conferences
- Medicash Plan: A way of claiming back some of your personal medical and alternative therapy expenses e.g. dental and eye care
- Dedicated employee assistance: such as counselling sessions and discount vouchers
- Cycle To Work Scheme
- Life Assurance