CodeClan is an award-winning digital skills academy delivering cutting-edge technology training to a wide range of individuals and organisations across Scotland.
We are looking for a professional careers coach to engage with our adult students and industry partners, to ensure their smooth transition into the job market.
Initially set up by the Scottish Government and Skills Development Scotland in 2015, CodeClan’s is a not for profit social enterprise that has a mission is to bridge the digital skills gap in Scotland. This role is a leadership role over a growing part of our business. You will be working with a fast pace, vibrant team across our campuses in Edinburgh and Glasgow, plus our remote cohorts that span the UK. This role has a hybrid working model, with time in our campuses and work from home with limited travel in Scotland.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Expert knowledge in career coaching and mentoring
- Familiarity with technology and the Scottish tech ecosystem
- The ability to build and present PowerPoint or Google Slides to audiences up to 50 people
- Professional attitude with a team spirit
- Friendly and approachable with a growth mindset
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with CRM systems (Zoho preferred)
You will be working in our Student Services team, reporting to the Head of Student Services and working closely with the Careers Coordinator. The role has individual and team KPIs to assist in the growth of CodeClan’s placement and industry engagement. The ideal candidate will be familiar with technology and owning an end-to-end process of students learning new career skills with the focus on creating an excellent customer experience.
Key focus areas for this role will include:
- Creating and delivering inspiring curriculum for careers week to prepare and support newly skilled individuals to apply for roles in the technology ecosystem within Scotland. The curriculum covers brand awareness, negotiation skills, CV workshops, Linkedin profiles, how to present, interviewing skills and networking do’s and don’ts. (Curriculum is built but opportunity to put your personal stamp on it) 40%
- Working closely with the industry team to ensure there are the right roles for the students and that the student placement targets are met. 20%
- Assist with workshops, open week events and other marketing activities designed to attract new students including ensuring the messaging on the website is clear and concise about our career service. 10%
- Assisting in organising and developing partner engagement activities across CodeClan campuses. Including speed networking events, industry talks and outside events, hiring talks and introducing new technologies that could be of interest to the students. 20%
- Support Student Services team with learning support, student inductions and other team activities. 5%
- Mentor our careers coordinator and engage with other staff members to enhance our service to the students. Such as an employee who is passionate about gaming technology and having them highlighted to the students via a talk. 5%
- Student feedback on careers service offering: target 4.5/5
- Students employed with partners: 75%
- Students in employment after 6 months: 90%
- Partners roles available for students
- Motivating Others: Creates a climate in which people want to do their best: empowers others; invites input from each person and shares ownership and visibility; makes each individual feel his/her work is important; is someone people like working for and with.
- Innovation Management: Is good at bringing the creative ideas of others to market; has good judgement about which creative ideas and suggestions will work; has a sense about managing the creative process of others; can facilitate effective brainstorming; can project how potential ideas may play out in the marketplace.
- Organizing: Can marshal resources (people, funding, material, support) to get things done; can orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal; uses resources effectively and efficiently arranges information and files in a useful manner.
- Listening: Practices attentive and active listening; has the patience to hear people out; can accurately restate the opinions of others even when he/she disagrees.
- Patience: Is tolerant with people and processes; listens and checks before acting; tries to understand the people and the data before making judgments and acting; waits for others to catch up before acting; sensitive to due process and proper pacing; follows established process.
- Presentation Skills: Is effective in a variety of formal presentation settings: one-on-one, small and large groups, with peers, direct reports, and bosses; is effective both inside and outside the organization, on both cool data and hot and controversial topics; commands attention and can manage group processes during the presentation; can change tactics midstream when something isn’t working.
What we can offer
You will have the chance to continue to develop your skills whilst joining and working with an enthusiastic and thriving team that is passionate about what we do.
- Salary circa 28k with room for growth based on skills and experience
- 5% company pension
- 35 days holiday every year (includes a mandated festive closure and an extra day’s holiday for your birthday)
- Training opportunities including short courses and access to online training materials
- Supportive environment for growth including opportunities to attend conferences
- Medicash Plan: A way of claiming back some of your personal medical and alternative therapy expenses e.g. dental and eye care
- Dedicated employee assistance: such as counselling sessions and discount vouchers
- Cycle To Work Scheme
- Life Assurance