Business & Finance Operations Administrator
How would you like to join an award winning organisation providing training for people across Scotland in digital technologies skills. We are an innovative and growing digital skills academy with an opportunity for someone to provide operational and financial support across the business to help us continue to develop the digital workforce for the future.
With campuses in Edinburgh and Glasgow, and Inverness, this is a great opportunity to help us build on our success so far. This position will support the business operations and finance functions to ensure we plan, implement and maintain reliable, cost-effective support systems that enable all business areas to operate efficiently.
We’ll need you to coordinate management reporting and analysis across the business to support informed decision making at both operational and strategic levels. Reporting to the COO and working closely alongside the Finance Manager you will ensure we are tracking our key operational and financial metrics and performance indicators and also undertake general day-to-day finance administrative activities. We’d need you to assume a governance support role to ensure we meet our legislative and operational responsibilities, including implementation of controls that mitigate business risks.
If you’ve had previous business operations or finance experience or experience working closely with sales and marketing departments we’d love to hear from you.
In return we offer a competitive salary and company pension, flex working hours and attractive staff benefits package. You will have the chance to continue to develop your skills whilst joining and working with an enthusiastic and thriving team which is passionate about what we do.
This is a full-time position based in our Edinburgh campus at Castle Terrace however could require travel to our Glasgow campus at Clockwise. We would consider an apprenticeship or structured training and development programme for the successful applicant.
Skills & Experience:
● 2 to 5 years experience in a similar role working in an operational or finance support role or
working with Sales and Marketing Departments in an operational support capacity.
● Experience in the creation of reporting dashboards and system integrations (CRM etc)
● Experience or familiarity with CRMs (eg: Zoho).
● Experience or familiarity with accounting software (eg: Xero)
● Proactive, enthusiastic, ‘can do’ attitude to problem solving
● Collaborative and flexible team player
● Exceptional organisational skills and ability to manage priorities and competing demands
● Excellent verbal and written communications skills
● Ability to present business reports and operational metrics to COO and CEO
● Project management experience is a plus