Careers Service Assistant
Do you want to be part of the team that helps our graduates move into successful employment in the tech industry?
CodeClan is Scotland’s award winning digital skills academy, providing a unique 16-week Professional Software Development (PSD) course to help people from all backgrounds to accelerate their career into tech, and accelerate Scotland’s progress in building a high-performing digital economy.
Industry-led, CodeClan’s curriculum has been tailored to fit real time market demands in Scotland, delivering a new generation of high-quality, job-ready, highly motivated digital talent. CodeClan is the first in the UK to offer students a Professional Development Award from the Scottish Qualifications Authority.
We are looking for a Careers Service Assistant to help support CodeClan’s Careers Service Team, namely the Industry Talent Manager, Industry Engagement Manager, Commercial Director and Student Journey Manager to assist in the end to end student journey towards successful employment in the tech industry.
This role’s key tasks and responsibilities are to:
Support Industry Talent Manager
- Support the delivery of CodeClan’s Careers Service helping to provide an effective programme of career preparation for our active students and graduates across both campuses (as required), including:
- Internal Careers Service workshops, CV preparation and guidance
- Support with Student and graduate job applications, interview scheduling/feedback
- Support in recording accurate data and measurable activity across all functions within the Careers and Student placement services
Support Industry Engagement Manager and Commercial Director
- Assist with the coordination and management of key Industry Engagement events and site visits when required
- Maintain accurate records on CodeClan’s CRM system and online Employer Portal
- Attend relevant internal and external events and support when needed
Careers Service Events Coordination
- Support the coordination of Careers Service and Partner events including Speed Networking, internal Employer Partner & Alumni talks, Employer recruitment events and other Partner, Student and Graduate events.
You’ll ideally have experience in a similar role and bring the following skills and attributes:
- Strong commercial acumen
- Previous experience as a recruitment coordinator / administrator (either agency or in-house)
- Understanding of the end to end recruitment lifecycle
- Excellent written and verbal communication, confident in front of clients at various levels of seniority and function
- Good presentation skills
- Ability to adapt style/approach to suit a wide range of client organisations (SMEs, multinationals, public and private sector as well as broad range of industry sectors)
- Well organised and methodical in approach to work
- Knowledge of the digital technology industry, its processes and terminology
- Sales experience in a business to business context / Partnerships / Alliances
- An interest in the technology sector and/or an appreciation/understanding of working in a technical environment
- An understanding of how technology impacts the wider business sector in Scotland (including Financial and Professional Services, Public Sector organisations etc)
- Good working knowledge of the business community around Scotland and existing relationships
- Previous experience in content generation to assist with sales or account management