Do you want to join the team that's training the next generation of Scotland's digital talent?
Are you customer-focused with excellent organisational, communication and interpersonal skills? We’re looking for a strong team player with ability to promote CodeClan to external clients and new customers, providing a personal approach to assessing their needs and matching to our services and products. Solid sales experience with ability to network and build relationships that bring return on investment.
CodeClan is an award winning digital skills academy delivering cutting-edge technology training to a wide range of individuals and organisations across Scotland.
With established campuses in Edinburgh and Glasgow, we are also opening a new centre in Inverness to serve the Highland region. We are looking for a dynamic individual to join our team to help us identify and recruit applicants to our full-time and short courses at campuses in Edinburgh, Glasgow and Inverness.
In return we offer a competitive salary, company pension, flexible working hours and attractive staff benefits package. You will have the chance to continue to develop your skills whilst joining and working with an enthusiastic and thriving team which is passionate about what we do. Role will be permanently based in either Edinburgh or Glasgow but will require regular travel to the other centres. Attendance at some evening and weekend events will also be required. If you have previous experience in sales, recruitment or student services, we’d love to hear from you.
To identify candidates for our training courses, (Professional Software Development, CodeClan Highlands and Data Analysis for Business) engaging them to the application stage. Assist in promoting the benefits of studying with CodeClan at our events, by phone or in person. Assist with promotion and sales for the short and bespoke courses. Work with the Admissions team to interview and evaluate candidates for the success of the student and CodeClan’s growth.
Role specification and outcomes
In brief, the role will involve:
- attending student recruitment events across all campuses (Edinburgh, Glasgow, and Inverness), including but not limited to, Information Session and Taster Sessions
- responding to student enquiries in a timely manner; providing relevant information about CodeClan courses to enable potential applicants to make informed decisions
- interviewing and assessing candidates suitability for the appropriate course
- working collaboratively to meet conversion and application targets for the core courses
- working to meet targets to fill short courses across multiple campuses
- maintaining correct data on all applications and bookings
Who we're looking for
As a minimum, we are looking for a candidate who:
- has experience working in a sales environment
- can present to audiences of up to 50 individuals
- has experience of building relationships with different types of clients
- has experience using a CRM system to maintain customer records and sales
- has basic understanding of software development
- excellent written and verbal communication skills
- ability to listen, empathise and evaluate candidates
- can act as an outstanding ambassador for CodeClan
- work on own initiative to meet targets and goals
- work collaboratively as part of teams across business units
- has confident networking skills
In addition, the candidate will:
- have experience of working within STEM or a tech background
- have experience of interviewing, evaluating and rejecting candidates
- have experience working with Google applications (G Drive, Google mail, calendars, spreadsheets, docs, slides, etc)
- have a strong understanding of Scottish tech industry
- have a knowledge of basic programming or software development