Location: Glasgow or Edinburgh (currently remote)
Contract: full-time and part-time applications welcome
We’re looking for someone to join our Admissions team to support the growth of our business. You will be joining a team of people who are passionate about helping individuals to upskill and change careers.
You will have a keen interest in tech, specifically software development and/or data analysis and will quickly get to know our course portfolio so you can answer enquiries and point people in the right direction.
You will be a good listener and be able to empathise with individuals and assess which course is right for them. You will have great attention to detail and be able to help students apply for funding and ensure they are onboarded to courses in a timely manner.
You will also support our Industry Engagement Team and enrol students on to closed and bespoke courses which we run for our business clients. It’s a fast paced environment where no day is the same and there are lots of opportunities to learn, whether that’s about the business itself or sitting in on courses to understand more about what we teach and gain essential tech skills.
CodeClan is Scotland’s first accredited digital skills academy on a mission to help bridge the digital skills gap.
Launched in 2015 with campuses in Edinburgh, Glasgow and a virtual learning environment, we offer a range of digital skills courses which have helped more than 1,700 people from a range of backgrounds acquire the skills to transform their careers, delivering a steady and scaling pipeline of talent to our existing and growing network of employer partners.
Industry-led, CodeClan’s curriculum is tailored to fit market demands in Scotland, delivering a new generation of job-ready and highly motivated digital talent.
- Responding to course enquiries in a timely manner and promoting the benefits of studying with CodeClan
- Processing short course bookings
Enrolling students on to closed and bespoke courses
- Administrating student funding applications and liaising with the Finance Team to ensure course fees are paid and places are confirmed
- Ensuring student records are up to date within our CRM
- Liaising between Admissions, Student Services and the Delivery Team to onboard students in a timely and client focussed manner
- Support in processing course applications, interviewing and assessing candidates with the aim to lead on this in the absence of the Student Admissions Manager
- Working collaboratively to meet conversion and application/booking targets to fill courses
- Attending student recruitment events virtually and across campuses (Edinburgh and Glasgow).
Skills & Competencies
- Experienced sales or customer service professional, potentially with a background in recruitment or HR
- Has experience of working within STEM or a tech background, potentially with experience within skills and education
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to listen, empathise and evaluate candidates
- Pays attention to detail and has a methodical way of working
- Self starter who can work on own initiative to meet targets and goals
- Great communicator who can collaborate with teams across the business
- Has experience using a CRM system to maintain customer records and sales
- Preferably has experience of interviewing, evaluating and rejecting candidates
What CodeClan can offer you
Salary: circa £24k FTE
- An inclusive and dynamic working culture
- 5% company pension contribution
- 35 days (FTE) holiday every year (includes a mandated festive closure and an extra day’s holiday for your birthday)
- Training opportunities including short courses and access to online training materials
- Supportive environment for growth including opportunities to attend conferences
- Medicash Plan: A way of claiming back some of your personal medical and alternative therapy expenses e.g. dental and eye care
- Dedicated employee assistance: such as counselling sessions and discount vouchers
- Cycle To Work Scheme
- Life Assurance