CodeClan is an award winning digital skills academy delivering cutting-edge technology training to a wide range of individuals and organisations across Scotland.
We’re looking for someone to join our growing admissions team via the KickStarter Programme who is an excellent communicator and has a passion for education and/or tech. You will be working in a fast paced environment and have the opportunity to work with people across the business and develop key professional business skills. You will be instrumental in enabling individuals to enrol on our courses and change their career as well as enabling professionals to upskill. If you have a keen interest in tech and/or education and some experience in a client facing role, we’d love to hear from you!
The Purpose of the Role and Key Responsibilities
You will provide administration support to the admissions team, assisting with processing applications and bookings for courses and onboarding students. You will also assist in promoting the benefits of studying with CodeClan at our events, by phone or email.
In brief, the role will involve:
- delivering excellent customer service to our students and customers
- responding to course enquiries in a timely manner; providing relevant information about CodeClan courses to enable potential students to make informed decisions
- supporting the admissions team to process course applications and bookings
- work with individuals and external funding providers to administer funding applications
- creating and updating correct data on all applications and bookings within our CRM
- liaising between admissions and student services to onboard students in a timely and client focussed manner
- working collaboratively to meet conversion and application/booking targets to fill courses
Who we are looking for
An individual who is customer-focused with excellent organisational, communication and interpersonal skills.
As a minimum, we are looking for a candidate who:
- has an interest in coding, technology or data analysis
- has experience working in a sales or customer facing environment
- has excellent written and verbal communication skills
- pays attention to detail and has a methodical way of working
- has the ability to listen and empathise with clients
- can work on own initiative to meet targets and goals
- can work collaboratively as part of teams across business units
- can act as an outstanding ambassador for CodeClan
In addition, the candidate will:
- have experience working with CRM’s to maintain client data
- have experience working with Google applications (G Drive, Google mail, calendars, spreadsheets, docs, slides, etc)
Who you will be working with on a daily basis
- Admissions – you will be part of a team of three individuals working within admissions.
- Finance and Operations – to ensure invoicing and payments are in order. Understand required data input and impact on reporting.
- Student services – to ensure all students are on boarded onto their course properly and on time.
- Instructor team – to understand the curriculum and how we teach.
- Learning Support – to understand how we can/cannot support students.
- Careers Service – to understand the job opportunities available to graduates.
What you will get in return
As well as working within a great team of individuals and learning lots of new skills we offer a competitive salary, company pension, flexible working hours and attractive staff benefits package.
- This role will be 25 hours per week for 6 months. Suggested working hours are 9am until 3pm Monday to Friday but flexible working options are available.
- We are a living wage employer, this role is paid at a rate of £9.50 per hour.
- Benefits package via EdenRed (includes retail discounts)
- 3% pension contribution
- 85 hours of holiday over the 6 month period, if you are lucky enough to have a birthday during your time with us you will also get an additional birthday bonus holiday!
- This role will be a remote position but may involve working at either our Edinburgh or Glasgow campus in the future. Attendance at some evening and weekend events may be required.