We are looking for a new Head of Careers to engage with the industry and our students/graduates, to ensure their smooth transition into the job market.
Initially set up by the Scottish Government and Skills Development Scotland, CodeClan’s mission is to bridge the digital skills gap in Scotland. This role has a hybrid working model that allows the person to manage their work from home and or office with limited travel in Scotland. We have offices/campuses in Edinburgh and Glasgow. The role will work with our Commercial and Student Services team to build a partner network that needs digitally skilled employees or digital skills for their current employees.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Extensive knowledge in career coaching and mentoring
- Familiarity with technology and the Scottish tech ecosystem
- Professional attitude with a team spirit
- Friendly and approachable with a growth mindset
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage and develop team members
- The ability to present PowerPoint or Google Slides to audiences up to 50 people
- The ability to use social media to advance our ecosystem of partners
- The ability to engage with industry to support the transition of grads into roles
- The ability to support industry in their recruitment process
- Experience reporting up to management
- Professional attitude and capable of speaking with C level executives
- Familiarity with CRM systems (Zoho preferred)
- Ability to network at events and meet-ups
You will be working alongside the Chief Marketing Officer/Head of Commercial and manage the Careers Coordinator. The role has individual and team KPIs to assist in the growth of CodeClan’s placement and industry engagement. The ideal candidate will be familiar with technology and owning an end to end process of working with clients, students, and graduates, and focused on creating an excellent customer experience.
Working towards agreed KPIs and revenue targets will be responsible for ensuring year-on-year revenue growth. Key outcomes for this role will include:
- Focusing on securing roles for all graduates from our Immersive courses in Data and Professional Software Development.
- Manage and coach the Careers Coordinator
- Liaising with the Commercial team to ensure KPI’s are achieved
- Support Student Services team when needed
- Deliver Careers Week with the support of Student Services and The Commercial team
Support all hiring partners in their hiring journey
- Assisting in organising and developing new partner engagement activities across CodeClan campuses. Speed networking, Industry events, Hiring talks etc.
- Extending and building CodeClan’s brand and reputation as the preeminent digital skills academy in Scotland by attending, networking, and presenting at relevant industry events and conferences across the Central Belt
- Providing analysis of partner-related data to inform insights and decision-making
Providing pipeline and sales forecasts to the board, executive team and operations
What we can offer
- Salary – £35k – £38k depending on experience
- 5% company pension
- 35 days holiday every year (includes a mandated festive closure and an extra day’s holiday for your birthday)
- Training opportunities including short courses and access to online training materials
- A supportive environment for growth including opportunities to attend conferences
- Medicash Plan: A way of claiming back some of your personal medical and alternative therapy expenses e.g. dental and eye care
- Dedicated employee assistance: such as counseling sessions and discount vouchers
- Cycle To Work Scheme
- Life Assurance
Closing date for applications 13.07.22