From the people to the architecture, arts, pubs, clubs, and universities, you don’t need us to tell you that Glasgow is a wonderful place to live. But did you know that Glasgow is also a great place to launch a tech career?
The Glasgow tech ecosystem is jam-packed with start-ups, big finance, investors and talent.
Here are nine reasons why that’s good news for your future career:
1. There are 742 verified startups. That’s according to Invest Glasgow, Dealroom’s platform for founders, investors, executives and tech enthusiasts.
2. There are 7,815 startup employees in Glasgow. Unsurprisingly, all of those start-ups need people to work for them and that’s where you come in.
3. Glasgow is one of the UK’s fastest-growing tech investment hubs. According to Tech Nation, Glasgow is in the top three.
4. In 2022, Glasgow is still performing as one of the best cities in the UK for tech salaries vs. cost of living, according to Tech Nation.
5. For those with the right technical skills, there are opportunities in fintech, sports tech, renewable energy, robotics, creative, government, BBC, drones and more!
6. According to the CBRE’s 2022 Tech Cities report, Glasgow is the third most desirable location in which to start or run a business in the UK outside of London.
7. Glasgow is the first feminist city in the world, which will create a more liveable, healthy and positive city for everyone.
8. You can train to be a software developer in just 16 weeks at CodeClan Glasgow!
Apply now for 2023 dates
CodeClan’s Professional Software Development course is running cohorts in Glasgow throughout 2023. Get your application in now and start your journey into tech.