We're hiring: Assistant Instructor
How would you like to join an award winning organisation providing training for people across Scotland in digital technologies skills? We are CodeClan, a digital skills academy with opportunities for software developers to become instructors and help us create the digital workforce of the future.
The purpose of the Assistant Instructor role is to actively support and work with students in the classroom and on assignment work. We'll support you in developing your own teaching and facilitation skills, and you'll deliver lessons supported by Instructors. You'll also support new Technical Assistants joining the team.
Split of Activities (for guidance)
- Teaching - 80%
- Curriculum and Course Content - 15%
- Leading, Guiding and Managing Others - 5%
You'll deliver lessons and provide support to students during lessons and assignments, ensuring that:
- While in the classroom, attention and focus is oriented in the classroom and on the current lesson or lab
- Discipline in the classroom is managed in line with the Student Code of Conduct
- Lessons taught are in areas of your own expertise and under the supervision of Instructors
- Support is provided to instructors in the development of course content, lesson feedback and planning
- Course content is in line with our curriculum and complies with SQA accreditation requirements
- Support is provided to Instructors during lessons and with resolution of classroom issues
- First point of contact support is provided to students for technical questions during classes, consolidation days and project days
- Accurate records are maintained of student progress with homework and projects
- Mentoring and support is provided to Technical Assistants for their personal development
- Feedback is provided to students on progression in their course
- Contribution of ideas towards curriculum improvement
- Develop your own teaching/facilitation skills
- Keeping informed about developments in technology to assist with curriculum development
- Alignment with CodeClan’s business objectives and our values at all times
6 months experience as a TA at CodeClan or 6-12 months commercial software development experience.
A competitive salary and 5% company pension, 35 days annual holiday and opportunities to extend your knowledge and skills.
CodeClan is an equal opportunities employer and we’re committed to having a diverse workforce.
To apply, send us your CV and a short note saying what you think you can bring to the role to email@example.com.
To understand how we use your information when you apply for a job with us, read our Job Applicant Privacy Notice.