Marketing & Sales Assistant
How would you like to join an award-winning organisation & hone your marketing sales skills?
We're looking for a Marketing & Sales Assistant to join our vibrant team on a year-long paid internship. This role will report to our Student Recruitment Manager and work closely with our Head of Marketing, Head of Business Development, CEO and our Industry Engagement Manager.
With campuses in Edinburgh and Glasgow, CodeClan is Scotland's first accredited digital skills academy, offering an award-winning 16-week Professional Software Development Course that’s so far taught more than 500 students from a range of backgrounds how to code. The successful candidate will be joining a collaborative and fast-paced team that strives to offer our students and employer partners an exceptional service.
What we are looking for:
- A high energy, hands-on, proactive person who is looking to get real experience
- A self-starter who can be an active team member
- Dedicated and passionate about their studies
- Friendly and approachable with a growth mindset
Experience and Attributes:
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent telephone manner
- Dedicated to delivering excellent customer service
- Proofreading experience with attention to detail
- Well organised and ability to prioritise tasks
- Ability to present and take part in meetings with clients and key stakeholders
- An understanding of social media and content marketing
- Updating websites ideally using WordPress CMS
- Has a basic understanding of Google Analytics
- Understanding of sales approaches and processes
- Basic understanding of the tech industry and software development or curious with a passion to learn
What the role will look like:
Full time based at our Edinburgh Campus with some work in Glasgow.
Marketing: 50% of role
- Develop engaging content including clickbait, case studies, marketing leaflets, and website copy.
- Capture and showcase the student journey via social media (e.g. #codeclanlife)
- Upload content to the CodeClan website.
- Events support for info-sessions and taster sessions including set-up, managing run-sheets, pre & post promotion and follow-ups.
- Marketing admin support.
- Keep a media book of CodeClan press cuttings & circulate latest stories with internal staff to share.
Sales Support (Marketing execution) 40% of Role
- Work with our admissions team to drive new applicants to our website via; marketing campaigns, data analysis and trends, events and webinars.
- Assist the sales team in launching and promoting our short courses.
- Support our sales team to engage and activate leads through email and follow-up calls.
- Work with our Industry Engagement Manager to write blogs, social media messages and videos, promoting our students to the Industry.
- Assist in launching our new Partner Programme in the Autumn of 2018 to the Scottish Startup, Small and Medium Businesses, Corporations and Public Sector.
- Build material, fact sheets and follow up material for the Partner Programme recruitment.
Marketing Assistant to CEO: 10%
- Support the CEO in external speaking engagements.
- Assist CEO in follow-ups and continual engagement with the Scotland Industry.
- Work with CEO on special initiatives such as Girl Guides, STEM and Women in Tech.
How to Apply:
To apply for the position please send us a CV and a Covering Letter to: email@example.com.
If you would like to get in contact call us on 0131 290 2600, or come in and see us at our Edinburgh office: 37 Castle Terrace, Edinburgh, EH1 2EL
To understand how we use your information when you apply for a job with us, read our Job Applicant Privacy Notice.