Coronavirus (COVID-19) update
Our commitment to safe, interactive and virtual learning
Hiring & Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Our team will assist and coach you for a role in the technology ecosystem but due to the economic uncertainty our standard placement processes have been slowed. Our goal is to support you through this process with a new profile system, promote your skills and experience to our partners and engage organisations across Scotland to understand who is hiring for full time and part time roles.
Here’s an important update about our training and services at CodeClan.
CodeClan remains committed to delivering training to the next generation of digital leaders via remote learning
- Our current cohorts are fully remote
- We are currently accepting students from all over Scotland to benefit from studying our immersive courses remotely
- Our next cohorts in April, May, June and July will be remote as well
- Our next course start dates for Professional Software Development are 4th May (pre-course 13 April), 11th May (pre-course 20 April), 15 June (pre-course 25 May) and 13th July (pre-course 22 June).
- Our next course start dates for Data Analysis: 15th June (pre-course 1st June), 29th June (pre-course 15th June).
We continue to work closely with our industry partners to support our students and graduates into roles. For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
What is a Virtual Learning Experience?
Our Virtual Learning Experience is interactive and simulates the classroom environment that follows the working day as closely as possible. CodeClan’s priority is to ensure the safety of our students and staff, while maintaining a high level of service.
- Each day begins with a virtual standup to allow for student feedback.
- Live, interactive lessons are hosted through virtual hosting tools and made available for review afterwards.
- Support is provided through conferencing and screen sharing tools that are available to all our students. Additional support on self-learning is also provided.
- A daily Q&A document is shared to collate student questions.
- Paired programming will continue using tools including Teletype:Atom and Visual Studio.
- Cohorts on group projects work together via conferencing or other online tools.
- There are smaller group lessons, and flexible times outside 9 to 5.
- Flexi times are also available for additional support
Our Student Support and Instructor teams are continuing to deliver support and training, and individual meetings are available by appointment and screen sharing. Our team of instructors and learning support staff are on hand for individual assistance or help with group projects.
We believe that these measures will give students the best opportunity to learn in a supportive environment, and to gain additional agile skills to move forward in a rapidly changing environment. Deadlines will remain the same and this will give our students the opportunity to learn how to work as part of a distributed team.
Any student who is self-isolating can still continue to learn using our Virtual Learning Experience depending upon the level of absence (to be agreed) we will decide on how to proceed with cohort lessons.
All CodeClan events have moved to webinars. Find out when our next webinar is here.
We will be frequently monitoring delivery provision, responding appropriately, and updating the plan as necessary.
If you have any questions, please get in touch with us.