This intensive two-day course is designed for anyone in a leadership role who needs to understand Agile development principles, the benefits of Agile to an organisation and the crucial role they can play in leading and supporting Agile teams across a business.
We will start with the fundamental principles of Agile and then work through a project from start to finish, learning the concepts and applying them step-by-step in a software development environment, You will:
- Learn to apply key Agile concepts, principles and vocabulary in a practical hands-on project
- Apply key components of Scrum to build working software
- Gain an understanding of the impact Agile has on an organisation's structure, roles and culture
- Learn new strategies for implementing and supporting Agile ways of working across teams
Day 1: Agile Principles
- Agile values and principles
- The Scrum framework
- The critical role of the Product Owner
- Planning and the Product Backlog
- Agile Estimation
- Planning and running Sprints
- Sprint review and retrospective
Day 2: Agile Leadership
- Agile tracking and reporting
- Shaping an Agile organisation
- Role of leadership
- Portfolio management
- Strategies for Agile transformation
- Preventing common mistakes
Anyone who works with tech teams and wants to understand the essentials of Agile methodologies and practice, including:
- Digital/Development team members
- Project/Product Managers
- Business Managers/Administrators
- Legal/Accountancy professionals
- Marketing professionals
- Heath professionals
All equipment, software and materials are supplied
Tea/coffee and lunch provided.
NB. This course can also be delivered as a private course for teams from any one organisation, or as a 1-day or 2-day addition to our Coding for Professionals course. Please call us on (0131) 290 2600 for further information.
There are currently no dates planned for this course. However, you can register your interest below to be alerted about future course dates.
Basic computer + internet skills.
The ability to type at least 25 words per minute. You can test your typing speed here.
This course makes an excellent addition to our Coding for Professionals course and can be offered to teams as a closed course. You will have the chance to work through a beginning-to-end software development project, making a perfect addition to the skills learnt in the Coding for Professionals course.
This course is led by Harvey Wheaton (CSM, CSP), an Agile practitioner and coach with over 10 years experience implementing and applying Agile across a wide variety of organisations and industries.