R Programming Series:
Bring yourself to the forefront of data science with the tidyverse.
Work with data on a day-to-day basis? Take the pain out of data manipulation by leveraging the tidyverse. This course covers key aspects of the tidyverse, including dplyr, lubridate, tidyr and tibbles.
Get to grips with the tidyverse
The tidyverse is essential for any statistician or data scientist who deals with data on a day-to-day basis. By focusing on small key tasks, the tidyverse suite of packages removes the pain of data manipulation. This training course covers key aspects of the tidyverse, including dplyr, lubridate, tidyr and tibbles.
This course is all about getting comfortable with the core packages of the tidyverse.
Throughout the day we'll cover:
- Tibbles- the modern take on the data frame. Why use tibbles?
- Dplyr- The workhorse of the tidyverse. Learn about popular dplyr functions such as filter(), summarise() and group_by()
- Tidy data- What is tidy data and how to use the tidyr package to make use of tidy data
- Data Input/Output- How to read data ranging from CSV to SPSS files in and out of R in a smarter fashion
- Lubridate- This package brings about a more intuative way of dealing with dates and times than ever before seen
- Stringr and Regular expressions- When combined with the text mining language of regular expressions, the stringr package brings about endless possibilities for dealing with text
By the end of the day participants will be able to:
Read & write several types of data in and out of R
Filter, summarise and manipulate data in efficient ways
Chain functions together using the piping operator, improving your workflow
Understand what tidy data is and how it will improve your workflow
Manipulate dates and text in a proficient manor
Understand the text mining language Regular Expressions
Next course dates:
9:00am - 5.00pm
(1 hour lunch break)
30th April 2019
25th October 2019
Why stop there? Extend your R Programming knowledge.
Receive a 10% discount when booking 2 or more courses from the R Course Series (excluding "Intro to R")
DISCOUNTS AVAILABLE FOR:
(Links open in a new window)
Book your place!
Fill in the form below to book your place. You can choose whether to pay by card or request an invoice.