R Programming Series:
Intro to R
Start your R programming journey with an expert.
Do you work with spreadsheets? It’s time to leverage more efficient technology to manage your data! Get familiar with the power of R Programming with this introductory one-day course.
Import, summarise & plot data
This is a one-day intensive course on R and assumes no prior knowledge. By the end of the course, participants will be able to import, summarise and plot their data. At each step, we avoid using “magic code”, and stress the importance of understanding what R is doing. CodeClan are delivering this course in partnership with Jumping Rivers.
Who is this course for?
No prior programming knowledge of any kind is assumed. This course is suitable for all fields of work. Previous attendees include biologists, statisticians, accountants, engineers & students, i.e., anyone who uses a spreadsheet!
A brief overview of the background and features of the R statistical programming system.
Throughout the day we'll cover:
- Data entry: A description of how to import and export data from R
- Data types: A summary of R’s data types
- R environment: A description of the R environment including the R working directory, creating/using scripts, saving data and results
- Using scripts, saving data and results
- R graphics: Creating, editing and storing graphics in R
- Summary statistics: Measures of location and spread
- Manipulating data in R: Describing how data can be manipulated in R using logical operators
By the end of the day participants will be able to:
Understand the history of R and why it is useful
Efficiently direct yourself around the R interface
Import/export data from spreadsheets and other data storages to R
Summarise data with R’s built-in summary statistic functions
Plot data in interesting ways
Manipulate data in ways such that it can efficiently be analysed
Next course dates:
9:00am - 5.00pm
(1 hour lunch break)
4th October 2019
18th October 2019
26th April 2019
Why stop there? Extend your R Programming knowledge further.
Receive a 10% discount when booking 2 or more courses from the R Course Series (excluding "Intro to R")
DISCOUNTS AVAILABLE FOR:
(Links open in a new window)
Book your place!
Fill in the form below to book your place. You can choose whether to pay by card or request an invoice.