3-day upskilling course
A hands-on guide to coding and the web.
Cost — £1,375
With coding at the heart of the course, it will give you an excellent introduction to basic programming skills. You’ll gain the ability to edit the source code of existing applications and understand the full tech stack.
Who this course is for?
Anyone who works with tech teams and wants to learn the essentials of coding and software development. It is aimed at those working as professional advisors and consultants who want to gain a deeper knowledge of the contemporary tech landscape, including:
- Legal/Accountancy professionals
- Marketing professionals
- Health professionals
- Project Managers
- Business Managers/Administrators
In our practical, hands-on 3-day course, you will learn the tools, techniques, and terminology used by software development and digital tech companies, including:
- basic coding skills to create a working web application from end-to-end using a variety of software and languages;
- fundamentals of best practice in the software/web design and development process;
- key programming concepts, principles, vocabulary, and the programming ‘mindset’;
- value and relevance of prevalent technologies, the internet, APIs, the Cloud, etc.
- Terminal tools
- Ruby commands
- Data structures (arrays/hashes)
- Analysing data (conditionals/loops)
- Organising code (functions)
- Aggregating data
- Reading files and processing data (JSON)
Front-End & API Integration
- Creating web user interface
- Connecting APIs
- Incorporating functionality
- Completing a working web application
Classes are delivered in a highly interactive, hands-on style, through lessons, code-alongs and labs.
Requirements: Basic computer + internet skills.
Next course dates:
Fill in the form below to submit your interest in the course and we’ll get back to you.