3-day upskilling course
Get to grips with the fundamentals of User Experience Design.
UX Design Fundamentals
Cost - £1,000
Design and market digital products your customers will love by learning the fundamentals of user experience design. Get to grips with UX design concepts and methods – from web accessibility and interface design to user testing and more.
Who this course is for?
Marketing & digital design professionals
Communicate your product and services clearly to your customers by learning how to think and interact like them.
Product & technical teams
Learn how to build well-functioning digital interfaces and services that meet your customers’ needs.
Hands-on immersive learners
Delivered in a hands-on, immersive style, with practical exercises to help embed the end-to-end UX design process.
Explore various methodologies of user centered design thinking such as:
Critical analysis of websites & apps
Planning of UX processes
Documentation of user & business needs
User testing and validation of concepts.
9.30am - 4.30pm (1 hour lunch break)
- Introduction to user experience design
- Phases of development lifecycle
- GDS digital principles
- Responsible design: accessibility, inclusion and the environment
- A critical look at websites and heuristics
- Group project assignments
- User needs and requirements gathering
- Fundamentals of interface design
- Sketching, wireframing and prototyping
- Planning and facilitating user testing
- Ways of obtaining structured feedback
- Communicating requirement for changes and reporting
- Group work
- Final review and discussion
“It was a great experience, it was challenging and I learnt a lot in a supportive environment.”
“I wanted to learn more about the UX process and techniques used in each step of the design, and I have learnt exactly about that.”
No previous UX experience necessary
- A working laptop (any operating system)
- To be comfortable using a computer and navigating the web
- Working knowledge of spreadsheet software such as Microsoft Excel or Google Docs
“I don’t normally give full score to things but this course, its content and the teacher provided me with a big WOW factor. Hence why I’m giving the full possible score and only because I can’t give more!”
Next course dates:
10th - 12th February 2020
4th - 6th May 2020
15th - 17th June 2020
Book your place!
Fill in the form below to book your place. You can choose whether to pay by card or request an invoice.